Peppermint Mocha Protein Coffee Brownies
Need a last minute dessert idea for the holidays? We've got a low sugar, low carb, high protein brownie recipe that's sure to spread the holiday cheer! Plus, with the added protein and caffeine, you can skip that post-sugar crash that usually comes after a trip to the dessert table.
Check out these Peppermint Mocha Protein Coffee Brownies that are equally nutritious and delicious!
- 1 and ¼ sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3-4 scoops BuzzFit Mocha HOT Coffee + Protein
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, cold
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ Lily’s chocolate chips
- candy cane for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius). Grease an 8X8 inch square baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the butter is melted and the mixture feels warm to touch.
- Mix in 3-4 scoops of BuzzFit Mocha Coffee + Protein.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time. Fold in the flour until fully combined, stirring until thick and shiny. Fold in the chocolate chips. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 30-35 minute or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy can if desired and allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Serving size 1 brownie
- Calories: 122
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 43mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 8g *
*Protein value based off 4 scoops of BuzzFit Protein Coffee