Gingerbread Protein Latte Recipe
The holidays are right around the corner, which means it’s time to bring out the eggnog and hot chocolate. For a less-sugary, more-caffeinated treat, we whipped up a Gingerbread Latte recipe that is sure to put you in the holiday spirit.
We used one serving of BuzzFit Mocha Coffee + Protein to add 10g of protein and 100mg of pure Colombian coffee to this homemade version of your favorite coffee shop latte.
Plus, this delicious December drink is cheaper & healthier than a latte you’d get at a drive through. Not to mention it takes less than five minutes to make!
So grab your favorite holiday mug, throw on the fireplace, and curl up with this yummy, protein-packed BuzzFit Gingerbread Latte.
- 1 cup water
- 1 serving BuzzFit HOT Mocha Coffee + Protein
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling on top if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (plus more for sprinkling on top if desired)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- In a small saucepan, add the water, BuzzFit, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Over medium heat, whisk the ingredients together until well-combined and the spices are fully dissolved. Bring to a light simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Stir regularly for 1 minute. Pour into a coffee mug.
- In the same saucepan, add the almond milk over medium-low heat until it begins to warm. Use a handheld frother or whisk vigorously for 30 seconds to create a foam. Remove from heat.
- Pour desired amount of milk into the mug and spoon the foam on top. Add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg on top if desired.