Healthy Protein Banana Bread
Who doesn’t love banana bread? Bananas are full of potassium, fiber and vitamin C, making them a great breakfast treat or healthy snack!
Here’s our low-sugar, high-protein spin on a classic banana bread recipe. We dare you to just have one slice.
- 1 ½ sticks of butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 scoops of Original BuzzFit Coffee + Protein, prepared in 16 ounces of water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1 ½ sticks of softened butter and 1 cup packed dark brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix the butter and sugar until creamed together.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Grab 3 over-ripe bananas and mash them with a fork until soft.
- To the creamed butter and sugar add: the mashed bananas, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix all of these ingredients together until combined.
- In the separate bowl add 2 ½ cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix together until combined.
- Prepare BuzzFit protein coffee - mix 3-4 scoops* of Original BuzzFit in 16ounces of cold water. (*Dependent on protein content preference)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the coffee.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter and combine. Add half of the coffee and combine.
- Repeat with the second half of the flour and the remaining coffee. Stir until combined.
- If walnuts are desired, fold 1/4 cup into the batter at this time. Save the remaining 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top once in bread pan.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan and pop it in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Feel free to check on the bread at the hour mark.
Baking times may vary slightly depending on your oven and the type of bread pan used. You can test it by poking the middle of the bread with a toothpick. The toothpick should come out clean if the bread is done.
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 371g
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 312mg
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 11.3g
- Sugar 30g
- Protein: 8g *
*Protein value based off 4 scoops of BuzzFit protein coffee